Local registered charities are invited to apply to the Aberdeen Covid-19 Emergency Appeal fund to access much needed support for their service users. The Lord Provost’s Charitable Trust believes that established local charities are best placed to get the funding to those who need it most in these unprecedented times.
How to apply?
Local registered charities, operating in Aberdeen, seeking funding from the appeal must complete an application form.
- To qualify for a grant you should be providing support to individuals and communities experiencing hardship arising from the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- Priority will be given to charities providing immediate support to at risk groups with new needs which are not being met by existing services.
- To qualify for a grant charities must meet the criteria as detailed in the eligibility tab on the application form.
- Charities must also provide evidence to substantiate your eligibility.
The Hardship Fund will remain open for applications until 11.59pm on 29th May 2020. The first round of funding has been allocated and further decisions on funding will be made in early June.
Due to the large number of applications received in the first round we are prioritising applications which provide direct support to individuals and families in Aberdeen. This may be provision of food, nappies, clothing, toiletries, energy costs, equipment for clients, or small hardship payments, you will know best what people in your community need, but we are very unlikely to be able to cover staff costs or overheads.
We are also keen to support particular groups who are at risk and may not be getting support elsewhere, so please highlight in your application if you plan to support Looked After Children, care experienced and vulnerable young people, at risk or minority communities facing financial difficulties.
We realise that staff and volunteers are vital to all the organisations providing support, and you may need to cover additional hours, equipment for home working or income lost due to the crisis. There are a number of alternative sources of funding available, and support is available from funding officers at ACVO (Aberdeen Council of Voluntary Organisations). ACVO who have put together the most up-to-date funding information.
The following funds may be particularly useful for your organisation.
- The Response, Recovery and Resilience Fund is keen to receive more applications from Aberdeen City and supports local charities and grassroots organisations to help them respond to the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic and recover from its impact. This is a rolling programme with no deadlines.
- The Third Sector Resilience Fund has announced a second phase of funding to help third sector organisations to stabilise and manage cash flows over this difficult period. Currently open.
- The Wellbeing Fund is now open for a second round of funding, supports organisations providing crucial services to people in need asa result of coronavirus. Applications from organisations working to support people facing financial or employment difficulties are being particularly encouraged, as well as applications from organisations working with ethnic minority communities. Closing date 22nd May.
Announced 13th May 2020
Three local organisations are distributing funding from the Scottish Government’s Supporting CommunitiesFund. This is particularly suited to small community groups and grass roots organisations. It will not cover staffing costs but will cover volunteer expenses, PPE equipment, costs relating to storage and distribution of food, craft supplies, games/resources for children, older people and those with additional support needs, equipment and phone support for those most in need.
For more information and to apply see:
- ACVO - For Aberdeen city wide and local neighbourhoods. Closing date 27th May.
- SHMU - For Aberdeen, with a priority on groups that support residents in the regeneration areas of the city. Closing date 24th May.
- Inchgarth Community Centre - For individuals and organisations operating in the south of the city. Currently open.